When it’s chilly in Franklin you depend on your furnace to keep you comfortable. If it’s been too long since your system had maintenance, you could have a furnace repair appointment in your future. Even if your system looks to be operating well, you may need to clean or replace your air filter. An old air filter can block air flow, hurt your furnace’s efficiency and affect the limit switch that controls furnace operation.
There are quite a few reasons you could have to have a furnace repair. The quicker you can schedule a furnace repair, the better. If you observe any of the following symptoms, call in an expert, like Winters Heating and Cooling.
1. Your furnace is making a lot of noise. You could have a problem if your furnace has begun running loudly or making noises that are unfamiliar.
2. Your blower isn’t operating how it should. Is it running enough? Is it running without stopping? Does the air flow seem less powerful? You could have something wrong with your air filter or furnace blower.
3. Your home isn’t getting warm enough. Have you turned up the thermostat again and again but don’t feel like the temperature is what it should be? This could suggest a few particular problems. It could be something wrong with your thermostat. It may be something to do with your gas source or pilot light. It could even be that your furnace isn’t correctly sized for your space.
4. Your monthly bill keeps increasing. Your usage isn’t changing but your bill keeps climbing. This could point to some different problems. Your HVAC expert will help sort out what’s going amiss.
5. You smell gas. This is important. If you smell gas, shut down your furnace right away and close off its gas supply. Keep lights off and don’t use matches until your HVAC expert or your gas company has a chance to inspect your system.
6. You find water collecting around your furnace. This is the result of a clogged condensation line. It may need both plumbing and HVAC technicians to fix.
You’ll know when you have to schedule furnace repair now that you’re knowledgeable about these common symptoms. The team at Winters Heating and Cooling will be there when you need us. Call us at [[phonenumber]] or use our online scheduler to make an appointment.