You can’t control the weather, but you can control how much you’re spending to remain snug no matter the weather. While it might not be the initial thing that comes to your mind, getting an annual furnace service is a great way to keep from excess spending on your utility bills and now is the ideal time to get that scheduled. The pros at Winters Heating and Cooling have assembled a few tips to help you save some money this coming season.
- Furnace Service—As we have mentioned, furnace service can help save you in multiple ways. It can help you find small problems before they become major problems, and it can help ensure your system is functioning at its best.
- Thermostat Adjustment—Changing the temperature on your thermostat several degrees can make a huge change on your energy bill. It doesn’t take long for those savings to really add up. If you’re having trouble getting acclimated to the current temperature, try modifying it bit by bit, perhaps a degree a day. Your body will quickly adjust to the new temperature.
- Change Your Filter—Changing your furnace filter is one of the most effortless and most valuable things a homeowner can do. A grimy filter will keep air from passing through effortlessly, which will cause your system to work harder, which drives up your utility bills.
- Address Drafts—Windows and doors might be causing you to lose a lot of heat and money. Caulk and weather-stripping are easy ways to fix drafts.
- Efficiency Check—When your Winters Heating and Cooling technician is over for your regular furnace service, inquire about the efficiency level of your unit. They can help you determine if it is time to explore getting a more energy-efficient model, which could help save you money without affecting your comfort.
There isn’t a bad time to start saving money. Of course, there are additional ways to save money, but hopefully, this will be the jumpstart you need. If you need to schedule your yearly furnace service or have any other questions about your home comfort give us a call at 317-406-5382.