Summer is here! Many of us are excited for warmer weather and some peaceful summer days. To boost your comfort and really relax, confirm your air conditioner is ready for the heat. One of the keys to an enjoyable summer in Franklin & South Indy is a dependable, efficient air conditioner. While Winters Heating and Cooling consistently recommends staying up-to-date with annual preventive air conditioning service, we’ve got several tips to help keep your air conditioner running in the heat.
- First, another chance to recall the golden rule of HVAC: monitor your air filter regularly! Replace your air filter in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Take the cover off your air conditioning unit if you had it covered for the cold season. Starting your air conditioner prior to removing the cover can ultimately damage it and lead to costly air conditioner service calls.
- Plants, leaves, tall grass and debris located close to your outside unit can lessen your AC’s operations. mow the grass, remove any debris and clear away overgrowth that impedes on your unit before you run it this summer. remember to check the surroundings at least monthly to keep it unobstructed and optimize airflow through your air conditioner.
- To provide the best air quality and that your air conditioner is operating efficiently, have your ducts cleared out regularly. It’s also a great idea to have your ducts inspected for leaks to ensure all that cooled air is going where it should and not getting out through gaps.
- Consider putting in a programmable thermostat to provide assistance to manage the efficiency of your air conditioner.
- Take a look at the slab your air conditioner unit is placed on.
These easy steps can save you from avoidable air conditioning service and keep you cool and comfortable throughout the summer months. If it’s time to make an appointment for your annual air conditioner service, or if you are interesting in any more tips or information to help get your air conditioner ready for summer and keep it running smoothly, call Winters Heating and Cooling in Franklin & South Indy at 317-406-5382 today.