As warmer weather rolls around, you might be considering, is an AC tune-up worth it in Franklin & South Indy? Especially if your air conditioning unit is recently purchased or was cooling good last year.
Here’s one way to look at it. You wouldn’t buy a brand-new car and never expect to schedule any service for it, such as getting new oil or putting on new tires.
The same applies for your air conditioner. It’s equipment that needs fuel and has moving parts. Like a car, it can develop leaks and its moving components can malfunction.
Having your system inspected seasonally by a Winters Heating and Cooling technician can help find little problems before they turn into huge malfunctions. (And cause your system to stop running!)
6 Reasons to Tune Up Your AC in the Spring
- It keeps your unit clean. Since your AC is located outside, it’s more prone to accumulating dirt, leaves and other yard refuse, which can negatively lower your unit’s efficiency. While you can follow our how to clean your AC guide, you should call a specialist to service complicated internal pieces.
- It keeps your equipment efficient. Dirt and yard refuse that accumulate in your equipment can make it work harder and restrict airflow. Both these troubles can lead to increased energy use—and a more expensive cooling bill!
- It could extend your equipment’s life span. A clean air conditioner is an efficient one and might even help it work for a longer period of time. That’s money that you’ll keep on your monthly cooling bill and in the long-term, because you won’t have to buy new equipment as soon.
- It helps spot minor problems before they lead to major, pricey issues. During professional AC maintenance, your specialist will keenly look at parts and complete a set of air conditioning performance verifications. These in-depth procedures often allow us to identify troubles before they become large problems that cause a pricey repair bill.
- It helps deliver trouble-free operation throughout the summer. After your AC is tuned up, you’ll have peace of mind knowing your system is prepped to deliver worry-free cooling. Even on the most humid days. It’s one of the wisest methods to keep your air conditioner from failing.
- It keeps your warranty in place. Most manufacturers call for yearly maintenance to keep your warranty going. Without this tune-up, your unit is open to early meltdowns and limited efficiency.
What Does AC Maintenance Entail?
A premium AC service should have an examination and maintenance work from a qualified HVAC technician. Here’s some of the things we’ll complete
We’ll examine the ensuing locations and parts:
- Full unit condition
- Start-up progression
- Thermostat calibration
- Air filter
- Blower parts and airflow
- Electrical connections
- Condenser coil
- Safety mechanisms
- Supply and return temperature
- Refrigerant pressure
- Condensate drains
This is just a portion of the services we’ll do:
- Put in new air filters
- Refasten electrical connections
- Confirm electrical flow
- Lubricate moving parts
- Unclog condensate drains
- Clean condenser coil
Book Your AC Tune-Up Now With Winters Heating and Cooling
This week is the best time to request your AC maintenance! Give our Winters Heating and Cooling pros a call at 317-406-5382 or contact us online to request your appointment. Before we arrive at your home, don’t forget to check our exclusive promotions for savings on your upcoming service.