As we get deeper in to November and the temperature begins to fall, we’re faced with the imminent decision of when to flip on the heat. For some folks, that time has already come and for others, it is looming large. Of course with colder months rapidly approaching now is the time to consider replacing your home’s furnace because no one wants their furnace to go kaput in the middle of the coldest day of the season.
So when the time comes to find a new furnace, how do you know which option to choose between an oil furnace or a gas furnace? Well we’re here to help answer that for you. After all, there’s no reason to be bundled up in 10 layers in the middle of January because you didn’t know your furnace was about to go out.
Take a few minutes and read what both types of furnaces can give you and give us a call at 317-406-5382 if you have any other questions.
- Up-front cost is lower than gas furnaces
- Offer more heat than other furnaces
- Easily serviced by the oil delivery company
- Maintenance can be more thorough due to dirt and grim buildup
- Fuel costs are higher than gas furnaces
- Less efficient than gas furnaces
- More efficient than oil furnaces
- Cheaper fuel compared to oil furnaces
*Note: your home must be in an area where a gas supply is available
- Not as much maintenance required
- Offers less heat than oil furnaces
- Up-front cost is 10-25% more than similar sized oil furnaces
No matter which furnace you pick, your comfort should never be compromised, so make sure you make the most informed decision possible. If you happen to have any questions during the process, don’t waver in giving Winters Heating and Cooling in Franklin & South Indy a call at 317-406-5382. We’re more than happy to help resolve all of your furnace questions.