During the cold Franklin & South Indy months, your furnace is your best friend—except for when it breaks down and evolves into your worst enemy. Hopefully, this won’t occur in your house, keeping you and your furnace on friendly terms. However, if it occurs, a simple call to Winters Heating and Cooling will help bring warm and comfort back into your house in no time. We’ve got some indicators you should watch for to help you establish if you’re in need a furnace repair—hopefully before it results in an emergency repair. Call Winters Heating and Cooling right away if you see any of these complications:
- You smell gas. Shut down your furnace instantly and shut off its gas supply if you smell gas. Don’t light a match or anything else that makes a flame and leave the lights off until your furnace can be inspected by an experienced HVAC professional or your gas company.
- Your home is too chilly. If you’re constantly turning up the thermostat, yet you remain cold, a furnace repair could be needed. While this could be a symptom of a problem with your thermostat, it could also mean your furnace is not big enough for your house.
- Your furnace is noisy. If you hear a change in the sounds coming from your furnace and it’s become noisier than usual, it’s probably time for a repair visit.
- Your utility bill is climbing without increased usage. If you’re operating your furnace as you usually do but recognize an increase in your utility costs, there are a few different problems you could be experiencing. Your qualified technician from Winters Heating and Cooling can identify what the problem is.
- Your blower isn’t working correctly. If your blower isn’t running enough or, on the other hand, is running constantly, you could have a problem. It could be a something as small as an air filter problem or something as large as a motor problem. We’ll help you figure it out.
Now that you know how to identify when you need a furnace repair, call us and we are happy to help. If your furnace is operating fine, keep it that way with a preventive maintenance visit. Just call Winters Heating and Cooling at 317-406-5382 or book an appointment with us online.