Having regular air conditioning service performed at least yearly can help prolong the life of your air conditioner and keep it operating at its highest efficiency. Before we get to the muggiest days of the Franklin season, have the experts at Winters Heating and Cooling complete your yearly air conditioning service.
Some tasks should always be finished during a accurate air conditioning service appointment. As stated by energy.gov, your expert should always:
- Inspect for the correct amount of refrigerant, and if required, look for refrigerant leaks utilizing a leak detector.
- If a refrigerant evacuation is required, reclaim any refrigerant that must be emptied from the system, rather than unlawfully discharging it to the atmosphere.
- Check for efficient airflow in the system.
- Check the right electric control sequence to guarantee correct sequence of operation.
- Examine electric terminals, clean and strengthen connections.
- Inspect the exactness of the thermostat.
When it comes to DIY air conditioning service, swapping out or cleaning your air filters frequently is on the top of the list. That’s because nothing else that easy can help guarantee your air conditioner continues to operate at peak efficiency. Besides when the air filter is cleaned or changed during your routine air conditioning service appointment, you should examine it habitually. We suggest looking at it monthly or according to the manufacturer’s advice. How often it actually requires cleaning or replacement will bank on individual aspects in your home, like how much dust comes into your home and whether or not you have pets.
If it’s time for your annual air conditioner service or if you have questions about air filters or another aspect of air conditioner maintenance, call Winters Heating and Cooling today at 317-406-5783.