If you’re like most people, you probably spend a lot of time on your smart phone, whether it’s checking in on work or checking in on friends. You may not realize that your smart phone can also keep you connected to your home. You can use it to control your home’s temperature and find out when it’s time to schedule air conditioner service.
Technology can be hard to keep up with, but currently there are two types of advanced thermostats:
- Connected.Connected thermostats allow you to control your system via a Wi-Fi connection, so you can use your smart phone whether you’re at work or on vacation to manage your thermostat.
- Smart Thermostats. Smart thermostats have Wi-Fi capabilities, therefore they can also learn your day-to-day routine by knowing where you are. A smart thermostat can actually sense when you’re away from home and change the temperature to fit your needs.
You may have heard a lot about smart thermostats recently. As with most new technology, they’ll continue to evolve and become more popular and affordable. If you don’t have one, it’s never a bad time to learn more about them and all the benefits of using them, namely the ability to closely control your home’s temperature—even when you’re away from home. Here are some other benefits you’ll enjoy:
- Easy adjustments. As they learn your preferences, smart thermostats will automatically make adjustments that will keep you comfortable when you’re home and save you money.
- Helpful reminders. In our busy lives, it’s sometimes hard to remember to make an appointment for HVAC maintenance. Your smart thermostat can remind you to change your HVAC filter and even tell you when you need to schedule routine maintenance.
- Convenient compatibility. ;You will see that most smart thermostats easily integrate with a wide array of heating and cooling equipment, so many models are most likely compatible with your equipment.
Smart thermostats offer many ways to help you maximize your home comfort levels and give you opportunities to lower your energy bills. Call Winters Heating and Cooling in Franklin & South Indy at 317-406-5382. We have many thermostats for you to choose from, so you can be sure you’ll find one to match your needs.