Call it Murphy’s Law, or maybe just a little bad luck, but we sometimes see heat pump troubles in Franklin South Indy during the winter time, when they’re required to keep you toasty. While you know the team at Winters Heating and Cooling will forever be there ASAP when you ask for us for a heat pump repair, there are some things you can do to double check a repair is important and save yourself some cash if it’s not. We’ve collected this checklist of things to attempt before you give us a call.
- It may sound ridiculous, but make sure everything is switched “on”. We’ve been to more than a few calls only to realize the thermostat or the heat pump itself is turned off.
- Is the thermostat switched to heat? If yes, boost the temperature by five degrees to check if it turns on.
- If everything looks right, inspect your heat pump switch (if it has one) and inspect the fuses and circuit breaker that guard the extra heating element (if it has one).
- If the heat pump still hasn’t switched on, go back to your thermostat.
- Try replacing the battery, if it has one.
- Is an impasse causing your heat pump to break down?
- Examine your air filters inside your air handler to confirm they’re not jamming things up.
- Are your room heating registers open and unbarred?
If you’ve moved through this checklist and you still need a heat pump fix, call Winters Heating and Cooling at 317-406-5382 and we’ll return your home back to the toasty and cozy place you expect this time of year.